Natures balance is fragile—that's why we're doing our best to make our entire process environmentally friendly, from clothing production, to delivery, and beyond!
On this page we share our values, progress and plans for a more sustainable Northbound Gear!
leading the way
There is a lot of work for us to do to get to where we want to be, and it won’t happen overnight.
But we have a plan in place and a goal to be one of the most sustainable clothing companies in the world. Watch us evolve as we share our sustainability journey with you!
Our step-by-step action plan to create more sustainable apparel
2019 we began to plant a tree for every order made on our website!
Begin Transition to Local Manufacturing
2020 we began manufacturing our "Made in Canada" line of hoodies. Proudly made in Canada! Our first run was a success, but then Covid hit focucing us to return to international manufacturing.
Eco Friendly Materials Pilot
2021 we introduced organic cotton and recycled polyester to parts of our line.
Eliminate Plastic Packaging
2022 was the year we replaced our plastic product packing with compostable bags. Reuse them, or compose them - your choice!
Localized Shipping & Manufacturing
2024 is our goal to have all manufacturing of our products done locally, in Canada with localized shipping; reducing shipping times, fuel usage and emissions.
Our resealable packaging is waterproof and reusable. Use it for:
• Keeping wet clothing after going for a swim.
• As a toiletry bag for trips
• Storing documents and supplies.
• Storing compostable waste - The seal will make sure the smell doesn’t escape.
• Care for your clothing in an eco-friendly way by wearing items multiple times between washes.
• Wash your clothing in cold water
• Keep tumble dry usage to a minimum, hang dry when possible
• Use environmentally friendly detergents
• Repair minor damages instead of buying new clothing
Our clothing is designed to last. If you feel you are done with it and no longer need it, consider dropping it off at a homeless shelter or donating it to a clothing drive.