Natures balance is fragile—that's why we're doing our best to make our entire process environmentally friendly, from clothing production, to delivery, and beyond!
On this page we share our values, progress and plans for a more sustainable Northbound Gear!
leading the way
There is a lot of work for us to do to get to where we want to be, and it won’t happen overnight.
But we have a plan in place and a goal to be one of the most sustainable clothing companies in the world. Watch us evolve as we share our sustainability journey with you!
Our step-by-step action plan to create more sustainable apparel
• Plant-A-Tree Program
In 2019 we began to plant a tree for every order made on our website!
• Made-in-Canada Manufacturing
In 2020 we began manufacturing our "Made in Canada" line. Proudly made in Ontario, Canada!
• Use-Eco Friendly Materials
In 2021 we introduced organic cotton and recycled polyester to our line.
• Eliminate Plastic Packaging
By Winter 2021 we will eliminate all plastic packaging from our shipping processes and warehouses.
• Localized Shipping
In 2022 we will reduce emissions released in delivery of our products with localized fulfillment centers; reducing shipping times, fuel usage and emissions.
Our resealable packaging is waterproof and reusable. Use it for:
• Keeping wet clothing after going for a swim.
• As a toiletry bag for trips
• Storing documents and supplies.
• Storing compostable waste - The seal will make sure the smell doesn’t escape.
• Care for your clothing in an eco-friendly way by wearing items multiple times between washes.
• Wash your clothing in cold water
• Keep tumble dry usage to a minimum, hang dry when possible
• Use environmentally friendly detergents
• Repair minor damages instead of buying new clothing
Our clothing is designed to last. If you feel you are done with it and no longer need it, consider dropping it off at a homeless shelter or donating it to a clothing drive.